Listen West Brom fans, I feel bad for you, I really do, so this blog post is dedicated to you (poor buggers). I wanted to give you a taste of what it will be like for you over the next 18 – 24 months as the Alan Pardew boom/bust cycle works its way through your club.
So in preparedness for that, here are a few things you can expect under life as Alan Pardew as West Brom manager:
- The first season will be great, but don’t let hope get the better of you. He’ll soon start making baffling decisions that only he thinks make any sense.
- The man loves left-backs, I mean LOVES them. We once had about six of them on the books at Newcastle United. Expect a flurry of transfer news in January and about 90% of them will be left-backs.
- Speaking of which, Mr Pardew likes nothing better than bringing on a left-back when 2-0 down to salvage a game.
- He will more often than not blame anything other than himself for defeats. The local press, the fans being too noisy, people calling him names – ANYTHING other than taking responsibility himself.
- Will claim that his club don’t take heavy defeats often, despite evidence to the contrary.
- He may stick a nut on an opposition player.
- He may call the manager in the opposing technical area “a f*cking old c*nt”.
- You thought Tony Pulis’ style of football was bad? Wait til’ you experience Pardew’s.
- Here’s a quick recap of Pardew’s legacy at NUFC.
Anything I missed?