Reet then, with all the #ITKs on Twitter, and the non-stop rumours going round about who NUFC have signed, and who they haven’t, it’s time that there was a page that cuts through the crap. Sightings of Grenier in Greggs doesn’t count. Nor do rumours of Pirlo down the Bigg Market (the Quayside would be much more his style anyway).
There are three different sections of transfer substance:
- Confirmed: Only players who have been officially announced by the club will be listed under ‘confirmed’
- On Newcastle’s Radar: Players who have been strongly linked with a move to NUFC
- Unsubstantiated Rumours that could be Bollocks: I can’t verify these, but they’re popular at the moment and need to be watched
Who Newcastle United Have Signed – Confirmed
- Jack Colback (from mackems) – confirmed here
- Siem de Jong (from Ajax) – confirmed here.
- Ayoze Perez (from Tenerife) – confirmed here
- Remy Cabella (Montpellier) – confirmed here
- Emmanuel Riviere (Monaco) – confirmed here
- Daryl Janmaat (Feyenoord) – confirmed here
On Newcastle’s Radar
- Remy Cabella – Signed!
- Daryl Janmaat (Feyenoord) – Pictures have shown Janmaat holding up a NUFC training shirt but transfer of the player yet to be confirmed by the club. – Signed!
- Emmanuel Riviere (Monaco) – Deal thought to be close. Pardew has confimed talks with the player. – Signed!
- Alexandre Lacazette – Various tweets from media that he’s still on Newcastle’s radar.
Unsubstantiated Rumours that could be Bollocks
- Loic Remy (QPR) – Haven’t heard an update on the Remy situation. If Newcastle sign Lacazette, would be doubtful that they would also go in for Loic Remy. If they don’t land Lacazette however, there might be further updates on this.
- Demba Ba (Chelsea) – Player is thought to be headed to Turkey and signing for Besiktas, so this one appears a no go. Has signed for Besiktas.
- Christian Benteke (Aston Villa) – Saw this lads name mentioned a few times today (Tuesday), and with the media picking up on this, there could be some authenticity to it. Apparently Villa are willing to talk. However, until I find out more, it’s going in the ‘unsubstantiated rumours that could be bollocks’ section.
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Borussia Dortmund) – I’m as convinced about this one as I am Benteke, but recent rumours suggest that we’re after one of Aubameyang, Lacazette, or Benteke.